Thursday, May 23, 2013

The BackStory...

Vivienne Mathew's has generously offered to have me be a guest poster on her blog.  Her request intrigued me because this week's theme is inspiration.

I generally write on and around the topic of inspiration (positive and negative!) in my stories and never thought to write about the inspiration in my life.  I now see that there was a reason for that.  If it wasn't for my friend, Sharon, I would never have gotten this post out for Vivienne's blog today.

It took me over a week to conceptualize and actually write, re-write and EDIT the bloody thing.  I've forgotten so much of my own life experiences but the sting of the emotions attached to these life events still direct my actions in some cases.

Well, without further ado please follow this link to the post Leaping Out on Faith.

http://viviennemathews.blogspot.com/2013/05/day-four-leaping-out-on-faith.html

3 comments:

  1. I am so inspired as I read this story Rochelle of how you coped with situations throughout your life, and developed into the positive successful person you are today. Thank you for sharing a part of your life and I have no doubt that you are truly making a difference in this world to all who read this story and the stories in Leaping Out on Faith. I now have an even better understanding about the title of your well-written book. I have read it, and the stories are every bit as inspiring a this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so grateful that you took the time to open up about your experiences and share your story with us. Thank you for your thoughtful post -- and for putting meaning in the phrase, "What defines us is how well we rise after falling." Big thanks to Sharon as well, for her part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for these great comments! I appreciate you both.

    ReplyDelete